I support responsible investment and plans to create and support jobs and economic opportunity in Richmond County
- Vulcan Materials Company is committed to continuing to invest in Richmond County and operating Rockingham Quarry and the North Site Extension in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Since 1969, Rockingham Quarry has produced construction aggregates that are necessary to help grow and sustain communities while forming the building blocks for the region’s roads, bridges, homes, hospitals, schools, office buildings and places of worship.
- Rockingham Quarry is a vital and necessary economic engine for Richmond County, providing millions of dollars in economic and community benefits to the area including tax revenues for local government services, roads, schools and public safety.
- Vulcan invested $4 million+ in 2020 on existing projects and plans to invest $30 million+ to complete the work.
- The Quarry supports high‐quality jobs in Richmond County including 70 employees with a total of 60 employees and retirees living here. It pays annual wages and benefits of $5.16 million. It supports many additional local jobs, having spent $3.15 million+ with Richmond County business and organizations since 2014.
- The North Site Extension is designed to be in harmony with the area, which has been home to responsible mining for more than 50 years. Vulcan will continue to meet or exceed state and federal environmental, safety and public health requirements and regulations, which safeguard its employees, neighbors the community and environment.
- The North Site Extension will enable Vulcan to invest an additional $100 million+ over 40-50 years to support the existing workforce, create an average of 7-10 new full time construction jobs and benefit Richmond County.